Built in 1785 by Matthew Fortescue for his new bride Marian McClintock. A square Georgian house of 2 storeys over a basement 5 bays long and 5 bays deep. Extended in 1820 by the addition of 2 wings of one storey over basement. One of these wings was further demolished later in the 19th century. Some time in the earlier part of the 19th Century the windows were given Tudor-Revival hood mouldings but later the house was refaced with cement and the hood mouldings replaced by classical pediments and entablatures.
After the death of Mrs Pyke-Fortescue, Stephenstown was inherited by her nephew who sold it in 1974.
Today it is a ruin